Thursday, March 17

Ok, There, There

Well, took a couple days to get hooked up here to a signal, but nevertheless, it seems like technology is on the march here in the developing world, as I now have a speedy, mobile 3G modem hooked to my computer that will work anywhere I have a cell signal, which is, for better or worse, just about everywhere since cell towers grace many a high place.

One might think this advanced technology would come with exorbitant pricing, especially given my rural location, but no, one would be wrong, and only have to pay about .60 cents/day... no contracts, no names on papers, no hassle... the whole purchase, installation and connection to the WWW takes less than 10 minutes!...

...sorry, excuse me whilst I wax, still a little amazed at the pace of "development" here after only being gone 18 months.

So yeah, really here, here, at the Rio Dulce, we did make it! It is official! And all is well.

For the last 2 days, Choco has been resting under cover in his exclusive parking space at Chique's, a local hardware/grocery/long-term parking place, but I think it sounds more, well... chic, than that... in the next posting I will include some pictures... from around here and from the last days of our drive, so check back soon for that if your visually curious. For now, I just want to let interested parties know that Choco has actually gotten me here.

And as a bonus, for those of you who know the wonderful Michelle, she just whisked in from the highlands yesterday where she has been studying Spanish and soaking up the sights. She will be helping me some with the boat (Poco A Poco) in between exploratory outings with and without Choco. Stay tuned here periodically for updates... just because the Chocolate Box has made it to the Sun doesn't mean the adventure is over :o)

Also, Thanks for following along all, it has been fun coming up with something to share and has actually helped get me through particularly monotonous portions of the drive, that is when singing rock ballads and picking my nose didn't work.

Hasta :o)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Biff!! It seemed that you were here just yesterday and now you are in Guatemala.. Fantastic! We are very happy for you, specially now that Michelle is there to share the adventure... and the work.. really? hehe. Take care and upload pictures ahora ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola, Biff and Michelle -
    Glad to hear Michelle found you. I can't wait for your next postings. Miss you both. Now the ChocoVango deserves an appreciative pat on the hood from me.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't stop writing, would love to hear about your adventures with the Poco a Poco, and do post some pictures of the lovely boat! :-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete